Just a quick update on what I have been working on lately. As I have been busy with all kinds of stuff these last few weeks the work on the Hobby side has slowed down to a crawl. I did manager to get a few things worked on but honestly nothing is really ready to show. Be that as it may I intend to show off some of the stuff I am proud of.
The Infinity Box Buildings.
This was a great idea that unfortunately did not survive contact with the enemy which in this case was water based paint. The decoration on the sides and top were made using a special kind of paper cutting printer and card stock. these pieces were then glued to the sides and top in a specific order. this was all well and good but for 2 problems.
- Having them glued on makes painting them slower.
- the water based paint we used to prime them relaxed the glue and made the decorations start to peel.
|See the ladder|
Well my first bright idea was to attach the fixtures on firmly with. You guessed it. More glue! I then pinned down the parts that stuck up till they dried.
The problem is that the painting will still be slow. I thought and thought then something Mike said hit me. He suggested removing the parts and doing them over. I thought that if I could remove the sides without damaging them I could repaint the decorations in a different color and make a nice looking building quickly.
I gave it a try and BAM it came right off. (So much for the spray adhesive) so here are some pics of the process
|A blue green|
|Some of the repainted decorations|
|The buildings before re-priming|
|Primed and ready|