Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Skaven Project Part 1

Hello all,

As most of you know I have a son and he is into Skaven. He is not the "best" Skaven general I know but he is the most enthusiastic. He took to heart the fluff from the 6th and 7th edition army books. If you ever get a chance to play him you will see what I mean. He is one of my all time favorite opponents. again, if you ever get to play him you will see what I mean.

This is his Skaven army so far




I am currently working on some conversions for weapon teams.
Here is one for the Warp Grinder






Tonight I intend to work on the Poison wind Mortar.

More to come...

6 comments:

  1. This is really cool too. I love the warp grinder, you'll have to tell me what you did with it.

    What did you use to make the cables? I haven't seen that before.

    Also, It's cool to see the horde in it's entirety almost filling that table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The following Parts were used in this model.

    1. 1 Space Marine Auspex
    2. 1 Tau Fire Warrior Antenna
    3. 2 Plague Monk Bodies
    4. 1 Plague Monk Head
    5. 1 Night Runner Head
    6. 1 Clan Rat spear arm
    7. 1 Clan Rat sword arm
    8. 1 Plague Monk left arm
    9. 1 clan Rat left arm
    10. 1 Space Marine Heavy Weapon backpack
    11. 1 Clan Rat Banner top
    12. 1 plague Monk scroll bit
    13. 4 plague Monk banner tops (the one with the chunk of Warp stone)
    14. 1 crank from a Imperial Guard tank
    15. several bits of copper wire from an old CAT 5 cable


    It took about an hour and a half to get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot the Littlr Foreman on the backpack.
    He is also from the Plague Monks box set

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blue/White from a CAT-5 cable. I knew I'd seen that material somewhere.

    Really ingenious. If you need something to look like wire, why not use wire?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Who is the hammer guy in the background of the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like it. I originally got the idea when I converted a Fantasy Shield into a 40K Storm shield by running a cable from the shield to the marine's power pack.

    The "Hammer Guy" in the back is Valten I. from the Storm of Chaos Campaign.

    ReplyDelete