Yesterday I got to spend over 2 hours with the new 8th ed Rulebook. To call it awesome is an understatement. After looking up several rules I was worried about (many were just ugly rumors) I am really pleased with the final product, so much so that I pre-ordered the book. The new system looks amazing. here are some of the highlights that caught my eye.
- The new % system for army building feels more like a freeing up than a lock down.
- The splitting of Hero's and lords (The ability to take a lord level in smaller games)
- New ally rules
- crap loads of new scenarios (No more plain Jane pitched battles)
- multiple rank fighting
- multiple rank shooting
- new combat res stuff
- attacks are always in initiative order.
- Stomp attacks for monstrous units
- 3 model = rank bonus for 40mm + base size units
- Totally New Magic system- It is fast and nasty
- almost 80 common magic items
- 528 pages of butt kicking for goodness
I think the playing field just got leveled.
Welcome to the New world!