Saturday, August 3, 2013

Journal #19

"Box Cars"


Just a quick update on all those wood kits from Tectonic Craft studios.
This time around we are talking about Box cars. These things are pretty neat kits to assemble and paint. I think they came out really well. At today's NOVA staff meeting they were a huge hit. The NOVA open will be using them for Warmachine/Hordes as center pieces. Anyway check them out and let me know what you think.

The Pope car (Protectorate of Menoth)
Khador
Cygnar
A yellow car (No Faction)
An abandoned train car
I have been asked several times about the decision for the weathering pattern I chose. In this case starting in the center of each panel and leaving color near the edges. In the beginning this was an accident. I started doing it then realized too late that it it was not the normal way rust would work. I was all set to paint over it and start again when I stumbled upon some pictures of rusted train cars that actually had a similar effect. I made the decision to go "Go with it" and hope for the best. I think it's pretty cool looking...

The picture I found

Rust Highlights

Side by side
That said, I still count this as a happy accident. :)

These have great detail burned into them.

The doors open as well

Stacked and ready for the NOVA
WarJacks and Warbeast shown for scale.

Warjacks Shown for scale

Khador vs. Cignar!

Well that's all I have time for right now.

Till next time

RGH

No comments:

Post a Comment