Monday, October 29, 2012

G.B.S Update




Hello All,

RGH Here. I finally got a chance to break out the old Air Brush and do some work on my Brass Scorpion test piece. You remember this and this?

I have continued the steps from Imperial Armor Painting Master Class Vol: 2. In this step I added red lines to the inner part of each section. these will be part of the "Molted" effect I am shooting for. I think it came out pretty good. Take a look.

 
I used Foundation Red from GW
 Up next the fun part! Time for the Timiya clear paints. This stuff is interesting it says "acrylic" on the pot but not any acrylic I have ever seen. first off it stinks! As in a strong chemical smell. second it takes a special thinner to thin it down to an airbrush consistency. That being said they are some pretty cool paints. They coat well and dry quick and work exactly as advertised.

Per the IA book I started with red and applied several coats in around an hour. here is what it looked like.


 I next went with several coats of Orange that slightly changed the overall color as seen here


Lastly I went with Blue. I had my doubts but it actually brought the parts together. Check it out.



Well that's where I am now and I think so far so good!

Let me know what you think.

RGH

PS: Here is a short video of me in a towel...
Just kidding- Actually it's a short video of a nifty light effect I noticed with the test piece.


video

No comments:

Post a Comment