Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday RGH!!!




Hello All,

Can you believe it's been a year since post #1? Twelve months and 73 posts
later the RGH is running strong!

Since starting this Blog a lot has happened in the Wargamming world:



We saw the release of Warhammer 8th ed to mixed reviews (I am still not
sure if I really like it or not.) Bye bye guess range hello Uber Magic.



Malifaux hit big with the release of two new books in less than a year
"Rising Powers" and the condensed Malifaux rulebook (pocket size) GOOD
stuff!


(Aged since 1998)

40K brought the Dark Eldar and Grey Knights out of the cupboard and back on
the table with new codices. This is some serious S**t for the Dark Eldar
since their last book goes all the way back to the last millennia. The Grey
Knight inspired me to build a GK army. (more later)

(Now in Hardback)

The first books for 8th ed Fantasy finally came out in early 2011 with the
release of "Orcs and Goblins" Army book in full color hard back followed a
few months later with "Tomb Kings" Army book also in color/ Hardback
format. This looks like the shape of things to come. (Note- I like the
color/hardback format. it is nice but I prefer a soft cover B/W book for
actual use)



Warmachine/Hordes saw the release of a new edition as well as lots of new
stuff including large war machines. Not really sure of the details on this
as I don't play this system. (Yet...)



GW Raised their prices (again) in June of 2011. up to 22% on some stuff.
This is outrageous but no one is twisting your arm to buy so no complaints
here.



Citadel FINECAST Resin started at the end of May 2011 and ushered in a new
era of miniatures- All Plastic all the time.(Resin is plastic) We can all
thank China for this one... :) I like the new direction. The fincast models
are SOOOOOOO much easier to work with than the old metal and the quality is
"right there" if you know what I mean.



I attended the Nova Open in 2010 as an amateur photographer and got lots of really amazing shots of some of the best looking armies I have ever seen. I met the folks from the 11th company and the Gamers lounge along with many others! I am looking forward to Nova 2011 and beyond.



That is just the basics. I will not even go into how the various games have changed play styles (several times) in the last year. It would be too long of a post. And besides I think the guys at BOLS cover that pretty well already.



On the personal side I became a pet owner (Never had one before not even a fish) The cat is great. Best backup alarm I have ever had. :)

So in closing June 2010 to June 2011 was pretty interesting period to be in this hobby. Lots of Win! A fair amount of lose! But in all a great time to be a war gamer.

Thanks for watching!!!

RGH

No comments:

Post a Comment