Saturday, November 12, 2016

Battling in the Age of Sigmar



Hello All,

Sorry for the delay in posts... I have been playing a lot of Games of Age of Sigmar recently. With the holidays just around the corner (not to mention my job being crazy) I have not had a lot of urge to post anything.

Well today I finally had a Saturday to myself (mostly) and decided to talk about the various AOS games I have been playing since my last post. I also want to talk about some of the really great people I have met in the last few weeks.

I am currently playing in a league that runs till the end of December. I have decided to go the Chaos route focusing on Nurgle (The lord of Plagues)



September Games-

September 20th Game 1


Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the first game. I took my newly formed Nurgle/Slannish army up against a Seraphon (Lizard men) army and bounced off of my opponent's line. I managed to get tabled by turn five.



For his part my opponent (Israel) was a gracious winner and did not rub it in at all. :)

September 27th Game 2


In game 2 I squared off against Israel once again, but this time I dropped the Slannish section in favor of a Pure Nurgle force. We played the mission "Gifts from Heaven" from the General's Handbook.


I manager to pull off an upset and garnered a Major Victory!

Lining up for Battle

Round 2- The "Gifts" drop and Israel moved towards it

The one on my side dropped near a unit of Plague Bearers and they jumped on it as soon as possible.

The Beasts of Nurgle rush forward and destroy the Seraphon Cavalry. 

The Nurglings advance on the Seraphon Temple guard

"Big Papa" The Great Unclean one charges the enemy

This is how you contest an objective

Big Papa on the warpath

All the Nurglings are dead

Big Papa is slain 

The Beasts of Nurgle kill the Slann Lord and advance on the Serphaon heroes.

Preparing to defend the "Gift"

Holding off the enemy

My worst roll of the night!

Thank you Stephen for running the event and that you Israel for two great games!

Next time- October's Games

Later,

RGH


No comments:

Post a Comment