Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Journal 28- What is Up with 40K?



Hello all,

I have been following some interesting discussions about where 40K is going. What is with all the new digital releases that keep adding rules to an already "top heavy" system? What is GW's master plan? Do they even have one? Here are some of the discussions from the last few days


Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/changes-are-coming-and-40k-will-never.html#more

Frontline Gaming
http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2013/12/04/one-rule-to-rule-them-all/

Whisky & 40K
http://whiskey40k.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-era-of-rampant-supplements.html

I am not really sure what is going to happen but it will be one for the record books.

-----------------------------------



On the other hand I am still enjoying Star Trek Attack Wing

I managed to get a Game in over thanksgiving to teach my son the basics. The Enterprise D is one heck of a ship!

Anyone on the fence about this game should take the plunge and get it.

Till next time.

RGH

1 comment:

  1. I've played the X-wing game, which has a similar mechanic. Loads o' fun :)

    If you like LCGs (living card cames) Pathfinder/Paizo has a new one.

    Sounds like they are re-arranging the deck chairs in Nottingham.

    I note a recommendation for Malifaux 2E from Mike. Maybe I should finish painting my Ortegas and Cult of December (only been ~4 years). Oh, and re-learn the rules. And check in on the Whiskey&40k site. Haven't done that in a while.

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete