Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Battle With Death Salvo...

Nurgle_Great_Unclean_One_by_Orange9714 (Pic I found on line)

Good Morning,

RGH here after a short break (I was on vacation last week so took a break from posting as well)

Yesterday I got a chance to get a game in with one of my friends who goes by Death Salvo on my followers list. I brought my current current marine list (the one from the game with Mike Brandt) less the Land Raider Redeemer (Curse me for leaving it at home.) He brought a Demon list (in my mind there is no room for an "a" in Demon.)

Battle type: (Thanks to no land Raider) a 1750 annihilation mission.

The Game lasted three turns- at that point All I had left were two land speeders (In reserve) and a single thunderfire cannon. All I managed to kill was a single Demon Prince and 2 Screamers. I took a sound thrashing but managed to have a good time anyway...

The Battle reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from the movie Top Gun

Goose: Yeeha, Jester's dead!
Wolfman: Won this bullshit?
Goose: Didn't everybody?
Hollywood: Hell no, man. We got our butts kicked.
Wolfman: Thirty seconds. We went like this, he went like that. I said to Hollywood, "Where'd he go?" Hollywood says, "Where'd who go?"
Hollywood: Yeah, and he's laughing at us, right on the radio, he's laughing at us.

Of course Death Salvo did not laugh. He played the game like a Champion. I will be happy to play him again any time.

My favorite fight was when Cato Sicarius took on the Great Unclean one (G.U.O) in single combat (After the stern-guard were killed) they fought for several turns before the G.U.O defeated him.

The Space Marines fought bravely (Ld 10 and Stubborn) and died very quickly. As any servant of the Empire should...

Still working on a Huge Hobby update post so stay tuned.

Later

RGH

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time too. I think though your LR would turn the tide way in your favor. I just got lucky you forgot it :)

    ReplyDelete