I have recently finished a model for the joint Bretonnian army my misses and I have been building for the last 3 1/2 years.
This is an old school (5th ed) Grail Knight. We intend to use him as a hero level character to place in the main unit of Grail Knights.
Next up I have an article I wrote for The round table of Bretonnia
(This may be the best Warhammer Fantasy website I have been a member of.)
******NOTE: This guy was built for 7 th ed. (He needs to be updated for 8th but I think it should still be fun to use) - This is for Entertainment value only!
The Black Knight
This is a more comic approach to the mythical Black knight. It is loosely based on the infamous, 'None shall pass,' Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. As such it should only be used in light hearted games and of course only with the permission of your opponent. After watching the movie for the umpteenth time I have decided on three basic characteristics of the black knight:
- First: The Black knight is practically unstoppable.
- Second: He is impervious to pain and will fight on even after receiving wounds that would slay a lesser man.
- Third: He seems to have an unlimited supply of weapons at his disposal.
- The Black knight is practically unstoppable -Black Orc's have a high Toughness score that makes them very hard to stop.
- The Black knight is impervious to pain and will fight on even after receiving wounds that would slay a lesser man - to some degree this true of all Orcs, but Black Orc's are the ultimate example of this ideal. If you cut a black Orc's arm off he will most likely pick it up and beat you to death with it.
- The Black Knight seems to have an unlimited supply of weapons at his disposal -The Black Orc's special ability "Armed to da Teef" pretty much covers this.
So you see similarities can be drawn. With that I give you The BLACK KNIGHT!!!
The Black Knight is a hero and as such is paid for from HERO allocation points . He must be fielded as shown below and cannot take any extra gear. He cannot be the Army General. He cannot join a unit.
Points: 200 (feedback on this is requested)
M: 4 WS: 6 BS: 3 S: 4 T: 5 W: 1 *Special I: 6 A: 3 L: 10
Equipment: Heavy armor, see below
Virtues: Virtue of Empathy (Always fielded on foot)
Abilities: Armed to the teeth (Variant), none shall Pass, *(Special) Unstoppable, One on One
Armed to the teeth (Variant): The Black Knight is considered to be armed with any/all of the following combinations: hand weapon and Shield, Great Weapon, Flail, or two hand weapons. He may choose a new combination or keep the current weapon(s) in any round he wins a combat. If he loses a round of combat he must stay with the current configuration. This is modified by the 'Unstoppable' rule below.
None shall pass: The Black Knight is a guardian. He must have something to guard. Having the black Knight in your army allows you to generate one extra piece of terrain. This must be something with an entrance or a way to cross. Examples include but are not limited to Bridges, Buildings, Gatehouses, and narrow passages. The piece of terrain needs to be deployed on your half of the board but does not have to be within the normal deployment zone. The Black Knight must stay within 12' of this feature. He can pursue a fleeing enemy but Stops at 12' out.
Unstoppable: 'The Black Knight is Invinciblebleble.' The Black Knight is a force of nature. He is unbreakable. In addition the Black knight will continue to fight even after his wounds are gone. While the Black Knight has one wound he fights normally (at least for him.) When the wound is taken the Black Knight looses the ability to use the great sword or two weapons. He also looses the use of his shield. This is because he has lost an arm (Even if he denies it.) The next wound will eliminate the use of the flail along with the other arm. The Black Knight is forced to kick opponents (Counts as a hand weapon for the sake of simplicity.) On the third wounding the knight's leg is removed and his movement is reduced to 1; for now he must hop. At this stage the Black Knight cannot attack and counts as having a weapon skill of 1. He will keep his opponent locked in combat until he is hit one more time. At this point the Black Knight will declare the fight a draw and can be removed from the table. But not before threatening his opponent one more time. The Opponent must make an unmodified Leadership test or stay for one more round to finish the Black Knight off. If this happens the Black Knight has a weapon skill of 0 and cannot fight back. He is slain if a hit is scored. Regardless the opponent can leave freely after this and the model is removed.
One on One: The Black Knight is the master of the dual. The following rules apply to combats with the Black Knight.
- Missile combat: the Black Knight is only affected by missile fire done as a charge reaction. Regular missile combat has no effect on the Black Knight.
- Magic Phase: The Black Knight is immune to most magic. Only combat magic that can (And must) be used in hand to will work on the Black Knight.
- Hand to Hand: The Black Knight MUST accept any challenge. In addition The black Knight is ALWAYS lined up against the most powerful character in a unit he is fighting and the combat is resolved between the two opponents no one else my enter this combat. This includes Mounts. If the Black knight wins and the enemy does not break then he is moved to the next most powerful opponent and the fight continues as above. This continues until all characters and champions are defeated or 4 turns occurs.
The Main use of the Black Knight is to lock enemy characters and units up for the duration of a battle.